Dr. Daniel Makas is certified under the National Registry of Medical Examiners to perform DOT physicals for our patients.
- The fee for the examination and form completion is $130.00, payable at the time of the visit.
- Please COMPLETE your portion of the form prior to the visit, and bring the form with you.
- If your employer has not supplied you with the appropriate forms, below are links to the forms at the Maryland MVA-
- Medical Form: http://www.mva.maryland.gov/_resources/docs/DL-171-certificate.pdf
- DOT Carrier Card: http://www.mva.maryland.gov/_resources/docs/DL-171.pdf
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Your driver’s license.
- If you have prescription eye glasses, please bring them to your appointment.
- If you use a hearing aid, please bring it to your appointment.
FAA Flight Examinations, Class II and Class III
Dr. Patrick Shanahan is a designated Aviation Medical Examiner for Class II or Class III examinations.
- The fee for the FAA examination is $150.00, payable at the time of the visit; this includes the EKG and urinalysis, if required.
- If you have a medical history of hypertension, high cholesterol, heart disease, surgeries or hospitalizations, we may need a copy of your medical records from you private physician.
- Prior to your appointment, Pilot will need to go on the FAA website at http://medxpress.faa.gov/ and complete the medical questionnaire online. After completing the questionnaire, a confirmation number will be supplied to you by the FAA. Please call our office and give us your confirmation number at 410-778-9300 ext 113, so that we may access your medical information.
- If you wear contacts, please bring your eye glasses to the examination.
- If you have any questions, please call the office and ask to speak with Donna Crossley, ext 113.
Chronic Care Management Services
At Drs. Shanahan and Ferguson, our goal has always been to provide you with the best care possible, to keep you out of the hospital, and to minimize costs and inconvenience to you due to unnecessary visits to doctors, emergency rooms, labs, or hospitals.
As a patient with two or more chronic conditions, your doctor may have identified you as someone who qualifies and would benefit from chronic care management services. The goal is to make sure you get the best care possible from everyone that is involved with your care. We help coordinate your visits with other doctors, facilities, lab, radiology, or other testing; we talk to you on the phone about your symptoms; we help you with the management of your medications; and we provide you with a comprehensive care plan. In addition to your regular office visits, the insurance industry now recognizes how important this care management is and recommends that we initiate and bill for these chronic care management services.
As usual, your primary physician is in charge of your care. Sometimes other staff from our practice talk to you or handle issues related to your care, but your physician will supervise all care provided by our staff who may be involved in your care.
- As needed, we will share your health information with others involved in your care. We will continue to comply with all the laws related to the privacy and security of your health information.
- We will bill your insurance for your chronic care management once a month. At the present time, Medicare is providing reimbursement for this benefit; the patient copay is approximately $8.00. Although you may or may not come into the office, your account will reflect this charge and you will be responsible for the copayment. Our office will have a record of our time spent managing your care, if you ever have a question about what we did each month.
- Medicare will only allow one physician to bill this service for you. Therefore, if one of your specialty physicians has offered to provide you with this service, you will have to choose which physician is best able to treat you and all of your conditions. Please let your physician or our staff know if you have entered into a similar agreement with another physician/practice.
You have the right to:
- A comprehensive care plan from our practice to help you understand how to care for your conditions so that you can be as healthy as possible.
- You may discontinue this service at any time, for any reason. Understand that any services provided in the future regarding any of your conditions, will have to be in-person. Because your signature is required to end your chronic care management services, please ask any of our staff members for the chronic care management termination form.